Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reaping and Weeping

What are you and I doing about the harvest?

Lk.10:2 Then He said to them,"The harvest truly is great,but the labourers are few;therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into His harvest"

Jn.4:38 "I sent you to reap that for which you have not laboured;others have laboured and you have entered into their labours.

Ps 126:5 Those who sow in tears shall reap with joy.

Jesus has a holy passion about the harvest.Do we?
Jesus calls us to sow and to reap.Do we?
Jesus tells us to pray for workers in the harvest.Do we?

D.L moody was criticized by a woman with the remark, "I don't like your style of evangelism" His reply "How do you do it?"
Her answer "I don't"
"I like my way better" , he quietly replied.
How are you doing it ?How am I doing it?

General Booth when asked by one of his preachers the best way to reach the town to which he had been sent replied "Try tears"
Are we weeping over the lost ?

We are all called to the sacred work of harvesting,to preach to share, to pray, to weep.They don't need our clever words, they don't need a vibrant church ,they don't need success,prosperity or their "Best Life Now"They certainly don't need to be shackled by "The Shack" or to find their "Purpose"They definately don't need to hear about a "Velvet Elvis" or a "Sex God" or a "New Kind of Christianity".

People need Jesus!

Where are you called to in the harvest field?

Me ;I have a huge burden for the lost "in church".Possibly the hardest mission field there is. People thoroughly churched who know the jargon who know the system who know how to play the game...but they don't know Jesus.Sometimes they rise to leadership even become Pastors and Ministers and yet don't know the Lord of the Harvest.I pray for them ,I weep for them, I challenge them.

What is your corner of the field.

The harvest is ripe ,the fields are white and we are called to reap.God's blessing on you as you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment